As of 10 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 21
- Fujifilm Holdings Corp. is considering restarting a clinical trial in Japan for its anti-viral drug Avigan in treating COVID-19 patients, company sources said Sunday, after the government held off approval of the drug late last year.
- Australia began a COVID-19 immunization campaign on Sunday, with Prime Minister Scott Morrison being among the first to receive Pfizer Inc.'s vaccine ahead of a broader national rollout on Monday.
- Inoculations of Japan's elderly against the novel coronavirus will start in April as planned but at a slower pace, the minister in charge of the inoculation rollout said Sunday as the country received its second shipment of Pfizer Inc.'s vaccine.
As of 11 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 20
- The Japanese government said Saturday it has received a report of a potential side effect from coronavirus vaccination, hives, in the wake of the vaccination rollout in the country earlier this week.
- Leaders of the Group of Seven industrialized nations on Saturday vowed to ensure the fair distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and cooperate to revive a global economy battered by the pandemic.